LinkedinTwitterThe DetailsConnectBlog Facebook Meet the TherapistHome For Writers

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

4 Ways to Minimize Holiday Stress

Looks like my post yesterday generated some traffic, even if not all my visitors left comments. (That's usually the case.) I'm glad that it seemed to resonate with a few of you.

As a result of this revelation I myself had, I thought I'd create a stress-busting guide for this year.

I wrote this article originally for Choose Now Ministries, which focuses on parents of teens. But parents of any age child will benefit from these 4 stress-reducing strategies. We have to remember that our children definitely pick up on our stress levels. It's like they get it through osmosis.

So here are my suggestions:

1) Get practical.

We all have one or two areas that we stress over more than others. More than likely, our anxieties revolve around financial, health-related, or interpersonal concerns. Maybe we can’t be in the same room with our mother, or we just don’t have enough money to do gifts like we have in the past. Whatever it is, verbalize it to someone else. Doing this objectifies it and makes it a force that you can reckon with.

To read the rest of the article, click here.

Let's Analyze

Anything else that you do in particular to de-stress during the holidays? Please share with me!